Earlier this year, Steffen Roth and I guest-edited a special issue of CHK on ‘Media Effects’. We invited artist Florian Meisenberg to design it. Florian came up with some great ideas – images from his sketch book, ‘found situations’, animation stills etc. I believe his images would have made quite a difference, but it wasn’t meant to be: the CHK team decided for a more conventional solution. ‘Fair enough’ – but why not add his beautiful cover proposal and the illustrations affiliated with the texts to the already existing issue? So here they are.
- Foreword (Markus Heidingsfelder)
2. The Mediality of Looseness (Urs Stäheli)
3. Listening to Media in Cultural Theory, Sociology, and Management (Dirk Baecker)
4. Digitality as a Medium of Communication (Achim Broszwieski)
5. Mousing, Swiping, Thinking (Peter Fuchs)
6. New Media and Socio-Cultural Formations (Jan Fuhse)