With more than 30 diverse line-up of films from around the world, Freedom Film Fest is returning to PJ Live Arts, Jaya One. Happening for one week, from 21 till 28 September, FFF will show the latest award-winning films, highlighting the best of local, regional and international filmmakers. My personal favorite: a beautiful film by Tama Tobias-Macht and Johanna Sunder-Plassmann on homeless persons in Cologne, Germany (my hometown) – “Draußen” (Outside). FFF offers a multimedia workshop related to the topic (“Storytelling with the Homeless”) on the 26th September that invites soup kitchen volunteers, artists and young filmmakers to converse with homeless people and produce short multimedia narratives that shine a light on their experiences. You can submit your application here: https://freedomfilm.my/fff2019-event/outside-multimedia-workshop/
Last year, when Steffen Roth and I guest-edited a special issue of CHK on ‘Media Effects’, we invited artist Florian Meisenberg to design it. Unfortunately, the editors decided against it. I believe his images would have made quite a difference. Up for you to decide: Here’s his turned-down cover proposal as well as the illustrations affiliated with the texts, so they are not lost to the world. Enjoy!
- Foreword (Markus Heidingsfelder)
2. The Mediality of Looseness (Urs Stäheli)
3. Listening to Media in Cultural Theory, Sociology, and Management (Dirk Baecker)
4. Digitality as a Medium of Communication (Achim Broszwieski)
5. Mousing, Swiping, Thinking (Peter Fuchs)
6. New Media and Socio-Cultural Formations (Jan Fuhse)